Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Transition

I'm getting used to the exhaustion, thank the Lord! We've pretty much gotten in to somewhat of a schedule at night so I know when to expect Matthew to wake up to eat, and when he decides to sleep longer I cheer and shorter I want to scream! Haha! We've been getting him down to sleep between 8:30 and 9:30 and he sleeps until 1:30 or 2, wakes up to eat and goes back down very easily. Then he's up again between 4:30 and 5. Sometimes I stay up after that feeding and sometimes I go back to bed. Matthew typically doesn't fall back asleep after that feeding, so it depends on how tired I am and if I want to go downstairs and start my day, or lounge in bed until Adam gets up at quarter to 6. I know when I go back to work that I'll probably end up staying awake afterwards to get ready for work. I still have a good long while until I have to think about that though.

Matthew's been sleeping in our room since we've gotten home from the hospital in his rock'n'play sleeper/cradle. I am not sure if I'm ready for him to go to his room yet, but I'm getting used to all of his sounds and movements that I am not constantly checking on him to see if he's okay. He isn't used to sleeping flat on his back so I've been trying to swaddle him and put him in his crib in his room for one nap a day. He typically takes a long nap in the afternoons so that is when I've been doing this "transition." I believe that slow and steady will win the race, so we'll work our way up to sleeping full time in the crib. It would be a lot easier if I just stuck him in his swing in the living room because I know he'll fall asleep instantly, but being a parent isn't going to always be easy so I need to just forfeit my nap so I can get him sleeping where he'll be sleeping for a long time.

I've also been doing a decent job of pumping and freezing one 4oz bag of breast milk a day. I could do more, but for now that is good enough for me. Once I get closer to going back to work, I'll try to do two 4 oz bags.

In other news I've been a complete waste of space while I'm at home. I got a netflix subscription and have been watching all kinds of tv! I watched the complete first season of Downton Abbey and wish that season 2 was available to watch. I've also been watching the show One Tree Hill. All of my high school friends got in to it when we were still in high school, and I never did. It always seemed like a show I'd like, but I never wanted to start watching it mid season. So now I've been watching it and I'm completely addicted! It makes me wish I could go back to high school and those care-free days of hanging out with friends, playing sports, and no obligations. For some, high school wasn't a fun experience, but I absolutely loved it, and would go back in a second.

Well, since the little dude is napping - IN HIS CRIB! YAY! - I'm going to go park it on the couch and watch One Tree Hill and hopefully nap, too! = )

P.S. Congrats to all the celebrations happening with my blogger friends. Megan and Bird both welcomed a beautiful baby girl this month! What beautiful blessings.

And I'm always keeping Lindsay and Laura in my prayers. I'm praying everything continues to go well for Lindsay and her husband and bundle of pink on the way and that Laura has success SOON, because she and her hubs need a BFP ASAP!!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Thanks lady! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is basically a waste of space at home. I will admit I am going a tad crazy being in the house all the time. Reagan loves her rocker but we too are transitioning to her pack n play bassinet. I definitely am not ready for her to be in her own room yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the shout out. BFP ASAP...love it! I'm glad you're getting used to the schedule/ interrupted sleep. That has got to be hard for all my new mommy blog friends! Smart idea putting him in the crib for naps. I hope that continues to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks! Can't believe your little guy is here and that all your updates are no longer about pregnancy but instead Matthew!! How did this happen? Hope you're enjoying your first few weeks as a mommy, he is a lucky little man

    ReplyDelete