Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

The Crib

I was going to start having Matthew sleep in his crib at night this weekend, but I ended up caving and having him sleep with us because I was tired. I'm always tired, but was past exhaustion this weekend. So here is my decision. Starting today, Matthew is sleeping in his crib for all naps, etc. I'll put him in the bouncer only if I need to use the restroom,  or to let him hang out and play, but not for his naps. If I see that he is getting tired, I'm going to get him up and take him to his room. I realize he is only 6 weeks old, but I really want him to feel comfortable in there and not be confused when he wakes up in there at night. I want him to associate his room with sleep. I have NO CLUE if this will work, but in my crazy head this is logical and makes sense. Is it more work for me? Yes, because it is so much easier to put him in his bouncer or swing and plop on the couch. However, I think it will pay off in the future when I'm back at work and he has to sleep in a crib at his babysitter's house. 

I pray that he sleeps well tonight in the crib, because I really am enjoying my 5-6 hour stretch of sleep at night! 

3 comments:

  1. Next week is my start week for having Reagan take naps in her crib. Well that is my plan. We shall see how it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it goes well! So glad I had him napping in the crib before sleeping in it full time!

      Delete
  2. how did it go? this was a tough move for us, too... but we are SO glad he sleeps well in his crib now. you're doing SO great, mama!!!

    ReplyDelete