Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

1 Month Old!

Happy 1 Month Matthew!!!

I can't believe that our little guy has been here for 1 month already! Time has certainly flown by, but this honestly has been the most rewarding month of my life. To think that this time last year I was hoarding money to afford IVF, and now I have this miracle baby to love and adore for many years to come. Adam and I couldn't be more blessed with this gift from God - which is what the meaning of his name is. 

We had our 1 month doctors appointment at the pediatrician today. Our chunky monkey is up to 11 pounds 10 ounces which puts him in the 85th percentile for weight, and he's in the 63rd percentile for height and 70th percentile for his noggin. In other words...I've got a big baby on my hands. It's also nice to know that nursing this little guy is going well and doing what it is supposed to do. I have no worries about my supply. He slept through the night again and I was so engorged after I fed him that I went downstairs and pumped and got 8 ounces! I typically get about 6 ounces after a normal feeding. I'll be freezing 2 bags of breast milk today! GO ME! 

Since we had a lot of visitors to our house yesterday, I didn't get a nap, and I'm feeling it today. I'm off to go take a nap while Cheeks is napping, too!

2 comments:

  1. A month already! Holy cow time is flying!! Sleeping through the night again, we are getting up once per night so hopefully soon we will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all these new blog posts--- you are doing SO good. Matthew is absolutely beautiful and I am just so happy for you. Keep it up... giving birth and breast feeding is the most empowering thing I have ever done in my life. It's amazing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete