Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

CHEEKS SLEPT!!!

My chunky monkey slept for 7 hours straight last night!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! I am almost positive that it was a fluke and that this will NEVER happen again (or won't happen again for awhile), but thank the good Lord because I feel so much more rested than I have felt in a LONG time!!

How did it happen? I'm not sure, but I am attributing it to us staying on a pretty strict schedule. I try to do the same thing with the little guy during the day and night. One of my friends told me she read a book and has applied something she read to her kids schedule and it always worked for her. It's called EASY. E for Eat, A for activity, S for sleep, and Y for YOU! After the babe eats do an activity even if they are drowsy or falling asleep. I've found this hard at this stage because there are only so many activities to do with a 1 month old. I usually just hold him and talk to him and walk him around the house and show him things. Once your activity is over then let the babe sleep. While the babe sleeps it's YOU time! This "schedule" also promotes a healthy eating schedule since you never want to go to sleep after you eat so you can burn off the fat calories you take in.

At night we've also been doing the same thing. Around 8 o'clock or as close to his 8 o'clock feeding we go up and take our bath or have our sponge bath, get into our jammies, eat, rock/read our book, get all swaddled up and down we go! Since I've started doing this I have not had a fussy baby at bed time once. I know I will at some point, but not yet. The principle of a well rested baby is a baby that sleeps better at night is also true. Matt has been getting plenty of rest and is starting to fall in to a napping pattern, which I believe also allows him to sleep fairly well at night.

I'm going to start reading a book called Bringing Up Bebe. A friend said something about it on her blog and I read the synopsis of it and it sounds interesting. I'm going to see if any of it can be applied to how my husband and I want to parent our little buddy. Plus, I'm reading a book right now that I'm not very in to. If I don't find a book interesting by 100 pages I ditch it - I have too much I want to read to be stuck with a book I don't like.

Cheeks is waking up so I must resume my spot at the lactation station on my couch! = )

2 comments:

  1. Love how your couch is your lactation station too! I will have to look into that book because I have been looking for a new book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a Nanny for a 3 month old (for 2 years) he was on a strict sleep schedule and he was a great sleeper! Sleeping through the night at 4 months. Taking 3, then 2 and eventually phasing down to 1 nap when he was 2. It really did work. I plan on being that disciplined when we finally get the opportunity. I've seen the other side and it ain't pretty!

    ReplyDelete