Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Nothing Really New

I don't have much to post other than things are going really well! Baby Matt is sleeping through the nights still, pretty much from between 8 and 9 PM until between 4 and 5 AM. Once I'm done feeding him in the morning I am pumping off the rest because I am super engorged. I've been getting between 6 and 10 ounces in the morning which is great! I've been freezing lots of milk for when I go back to work and Matty boy goes to daycare.

On Saturday I left the baby with Adam and went shopping for 3 hours. I needed to go to babies r us to get more bottles for my breast pump so I'm not constantly washing the same 4, and then I was on a pursuit for nursing bras. I am a larger chested lady and am having a highly difficult time finding bras to fit. I got measured, but the bras that are that size don't fit right. I'm either spilling out of the top or out the sides. It's pretty frustrating. I WILL be getting a reduction once I'm done having children. I've always struggled with my chest size and finding bathing suits and bras to fit right. I'm over it and can't wait until I can have fun shopping for those items.

I've also started counting my weight watchers points and attempting to exercise. I said I'd give myself a month to really get used to nursing and eating whatever I want, but now it's time to get serious. I'm on day 2 and it isn't going too bad. I struggle with finding things to eat at lunch, so I'll be going to the grocery store later today to get some inspiration!

Matthew is also starting to smile and interact with us more. Today we had a good play session on the floor where he was kicking and punching and smiling back at me as I talked to him. I'm so excited to see what these upcoming weeks and months will bring!

2 comments:

  1. Glad he is such a good sleeper for you! I hear ya on the engorgement. My biggest struggle is getting enough water. There are days when I can't even think about drinking any more. Congrats on starting the points and exercising. That is on my list but probably not till I go back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. He sounds like pure joy!

    ReplyDelete