Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

What else is He going to throw at us?

5 months ago my husband had a seizure in the middle of the night. It was so far, the scariest night of my life. I had no clue what was happening, called 911, went to the hospital, only to find out it was a seizure and there was nothing that could really be done about it, especially since it was his first one. He went through all kinds of tests during the following months and did not find anything. They said it could be just a one time occurance, or it could happen again. If it happened again, then we would take some further action. During the last 5 months I have had difficulty sleeping, since every twitch, or move, he makes I think it is happening again. Only just recently have I been sleeping better.

He had another seizure last night.

I was much more calm, understood what was happening, and he came out of his seizure much quicker than last time. However, I did not sleep a wink last night. My blood pressure (which is ALWAYS really low), was at 130, and I could not rest my mind. We went to the neurologist today and now he is on an anti-epileptic drug, can't drive at night for the next 6 months (if he has another seizure, then it will be 6 more months from that date), and has to have a 24 hour brain test in 2 weeks. I hate this for him. No one wants to be on a med for probably the rest of their life. And he is not so happy about me driving him at night. He likes to go to the gym for raquetball until later in the evening and now I have to bring him home, which means I have to change my schedule, too. I am happy to do this for him, since I am madly in love with him, and will support him in any way I can.

So not only are we dealing with the frustrations of fertility, we now have to deal with seizures. Grrr. I know God doesn't throw things at us that we can't handle...but geeze can't he just give us a break!!!

Hope you all in the land of PCOS and fertility meds are doing well!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh no!! Prayers for you and your husband!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything turns out ok and you guys get some answers soon. Keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thinking of you guys, hoping and praying that you guys get some answers

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my GOSH! hang in there girl... know i'm thinking about you guys.

    ReplyDelete