Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Update

Well, things are returning back to normal at home...for Adam. I am still having trouble sleeping and having a tiny bit of anxiety, so I thought I would try seeing a counselor/therapist. I had my first appointment today and I loved it. I chose a person who has her own practice, and doesn't prescribe drugs, and is a faith based counselor. I am not an extremely religious person, but I do believe in faith and a higher power, and that it has the ability to heal people. My therapist said some really great things that hit home with me about this whole seizure situation, and I feel a bit better. She also gave me some relaxation techniques, that I will definitely be trying. I would like to not have to take a sleeping pill to get to sleep, but I tried that last night and slept for 3 hours. So needless to say, I was an awful to goodness mess on this Valentine's Day. The hubs wanted to go out for dinner and I just couldn't do it. I need to sleep and rest. I go back to the therapist next Tuesday, and am really looking forward to it. Until then, my in-laws and grandmother-in-law are coming to visit on Thursday, so I am looking forward to the distraction they will bring to my weekend.

As for baby making, I think I may have ovulated this weekend. I am so sick of buying kits and tracking temps that I am just guessing based on the situation down there. I wasn't sure how our sex life was going to be after what happened last week, but hubs was ready to go, so we went! haha TMI I know, but I am glad that it isn't affecting that part of our life. I've been getting my liver checked out from getting back blood work for elevated liver enzymes, so I had an ultrasound today. The tech couldn't tell me anything so I'll just have to wait until the doctor looks at it. So that is that!

Well, that is all for now...off to a little more TV and sleeping pills for bed! = )

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the counselor helped!! Hopefully with each visit you can gain more peace of mind. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked your counselor... they can either make or break the experience! I'm thinking about you, Katie!!!

    ReplyDelete