Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Getting Back to Normal

I have been sleeping. Thank God! I went to the therapist again on Tuesday and we discussed worry. I am worrying too much. I'm glad we talked about it, because I am finding myself worrying less now. I still jump up and am concerned when my hubby moves, twitches, breathes funny, but for the most part I am sleeping restfully - which allows me to function normally during the day.

Which means I am back to thinking about babies. I have been home all week from work, since the school at where I teach is on winter break (which is more like spring break since it has been 70 degrees almost all week!), and I find myself thinking about what it will be liking having a child. I was thinking that it might be nice to be a stay at home mom, which will definitely happen if I end up with multiples. If I have a singleton I'll be back at work. I wonder if I could even handle being a stay at home mom...I guess that is something I'll worry about when it happens for us.

We have been doing really well with our spending the last two months. We had no spend January where we did not buy anything for ourselves all month. We also did fairly well this month, too. I am finding that wanting a baby and saving for IVF outweighs anything that I "want." However, I have been losing weight, and I know I am going to want to shop here sometime soon. I have a ton of weddings coming up, so I'm going to wait until closer to the summer to do some shopping. If we continue to live like we have been living that means we get closer and closer to doing IVF!!! The question is since I am a teacher, when to go through with it? Ideally I would want to get pregnant in the spring or summer so if I only have 1 child I can take almost 5 months off to be with him/her...or just do it whenever we are financially able and deal with the 8-10 weeks of maternity leave...If I wait until the spring then we will ideally be better off financially, but can I realistically wait that long? who knows! Another benefit for waiting until next spring is that if we have twins or triplets we definitely will need a new car, which gives us more time to save for that car. Oh the things I think about when I have time at home to do NOTHING!!!!

I'm going to see The Vow at the movie theater with a friend today and then meeting my boss and his family at our church's fish fry for the first Friday of lent. No meat for me on Fridays. The hubs is also bringing home McDonald's filet o fishes for our lunch date! I don't even like them that much, but during lent it is a necessary evil!  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Glad talking about your worry helped you get it out and took some weight off your shoulders! Great news about the sleep! I think only you will know when it's right to do IVF...for me, thinking about what time of year I might get pregnant stresses me out more. Hope you continue to sleep well and worry less :)

    ReplyDelete