Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Nest Egg!!!

I think we have our nest egg!

On the way home from church today we were talking about our kid situation and time frames...it seems like time frames are always on my mind. I said if I have to wait, the latest I am willing to wait for IVF is next April or May. A little more than a year from now. My husband then informed me that we are financially where we need to be if one of us lost our job or had something bad happen. However, we don't have what we need to go on a shopping trip, vacation, etc. So we need to start saving for that, plus a car, plus a baby...we'll know how much to budget for cars when we figure out if we have multiples or not. Either way we have a nice chunk of change floating around, we just have to continue living a low key lifestyle - a saving life style. I feel a little weight off of my shoulders since the nest egg is there.

We are still going to have to finance some of this baby making, because it is ridiculous to think we are going to have as much as we need cash money, but hopefully we won't have to finance too much. God I hope it works when we go through with this...or even conceiving naturally...what a miracle that would be!

So on the fertility plate this week is:
- Go to the PCP to get my lab and ultrasound reports on my liver faxed so I can start metformin.
- Keep up with the exercising and eating healthy since I have been a bad bad girl during my winter break.
- Get our tax returns done and get ready to put a chunk of change into the savings account - HOPEFULLY!

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday and following week!

2 comments:

  1. What a good feeling that is! Happy for you guys! Any healthy recipes you have to pass along? I'm always looking. Just recently stopped eating meat so I have been searching for new ways to make sure I get the proper nutrition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that feeling when there is a plan in place and you can actually see the goal! Matt and I have adopted the low key lifestyle for 2012 with the job change and just trying to save money to pay things off, it really isn't that bad lol. Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete