Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Fit and Pregnant

Since I've been on this fitness kick I have been doing really well. I was home all week from work last week and successfully demolished 2 full boxes of girl scout cookies, ate a crap load of pizza, had lots of fried fish for lent, and ate other bad things. I also worked out about 4 hours. I did not gain or lose anything last week.

My school is having a battle of the pounds challenge and I was the biggest loser 2.5 weeks ago with a 7.5lb loss. We weigh in this Friday, and I am not so optimistic....girl scout cookies ARE EVERYWHERE!!!!! I am seeing changes though, my gut is less "sticky-outy," my chest is looking slimmer - however my boobs are not going anywhere and I wish they would - and my size 8 pants are getting too big. All good things! As I was "eliptisizing" aka on the eliptical, I was watching a pregnant lady in front of me that I have been admiring for a few months now. She is just gorgeous. She is always at the gym lifting weights, on the eliptical, or taking a class. She has a beautiful bump, glowing skin, and she is everything I hope to look like when I finally get pregnant. I can't wait to get my positive pregnancy test so I can subscribe to the fit pregnancy magazine...I think it would be slightly weird to subscribe now, don't you think? I know that there are so many benefits to continuing an exercise routine once you find out you are pregnant and I plan on doing that. Not with the intensity I work out now, but I don't plan on stopping my healthy life style. I hope to be like the woman at the gym - Fit and Pregnant!

P.S. On an unrelated note I just about peed my pants when I found out how much we were getting back on our taxes. HOLY CRAP we have a NICE chunk of change to contribute to our baby fund! YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tax returns are the best! (when you don't have to pay, like we did last year!)

2 comments:

  1. GREAT news about the tax return! Sounds like you're doing a great job working out too...eliptisizing...great word, BTW. I always think changes you can see and feel trump what the scale says. (this coming from the girl who only steps on the scale when the doctor makes her haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hubs & I commonly refer to the Girl Scouts as the devil. It takes every fiber of my being not to buy cookies everytime I see them! Sometimes I just walk by them & don't make eye contact. I have to! They must think I am such a B! Good job with your work out!

    ReplyDelete