Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Anxiety

Well my thoughts have officially transferred from thinking about making babies to having anxiety about my husband and his seizure(s). I am usually a laid back, go with the flow kind of gal, but this latest happening in our lives has thrown me for a loop. I think I have been experiencing some form of anxiety the last 6 nights. I am fine during the day for the most part, but as soon as I get home it starts. My chest gets tight, I get all shivery, I can't eat - as in food just isn't satisfying and I start gagging - for example, we went to get Thai food last night and I absolutely LOVE pad thai, I probably ate about 8 to 10 bites and just couldn't get it down. My blood pressure also gets elevated at night...I'm usually at 100-114/70-98 and it has been going up to 130, 125, etc. I have also lost about 8 lbs in the last two weeks...the bulk of it being in the last 4-5 days. I've taken some unisom to help me sleep, it took me 3 hours to fall asleep and I was really groggy the next day, then my chiropractor gave me some herbal mix to relax and induce sleep, which works, but doesn't help me fall asleep. Finally I took a half of an ambien last night and I fell asleep in 1.5 hours which was great, but I didn't stay asleep. My regular doctor said he didn't want to give me anxiety meds until I tried the sleeping ones first, since anxiety meds can be pretty serious....UGH, I'm a hot mess!

I worry about if it is going to happen again, what the anti-seizure meds and his chantix meds are doing to his brain, how he is feeling emotionally/mentally, about him driving at any point of the day even though he is only prohibited from driving at night. I'm just scared for him. These meds are making him very drowsy. I sincerely hope that this anti-seizure med works and he never has to have another seizure again.

Do any of you readers have experiences with anyone in your family/friends of yours that have seizures? I am finding that it is more common than most think, it just isn't widely talked about. If you feel comfortable sharing please do...I'm not in the state of mind yet to go browsing the web for some support...

3 comments:

  1. My MIL has informed me that if Matt and I have little boys I need to be prepared for them to have seizures as a baby because I guess it is a thing in their family, each of her boys and my one nephew had them.

    I'm hoping things calm down for you and you guys can get some answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father in law had seizures, but it was because his cancer had spread to his brain. We used to carry vials of something that stopped the seizures, it would just put him out. I can't remember what it was called though.

    I hope things get better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any advice, but I hope your hubby's meds work and that you can get some relief soon. I can't imagine the stress! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete