Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Time is ticking away!

We are down to 3 weeks and 1 day folks! I'll be 37 weeks on Wednesday. It is crazy how fast, yet how slow this pregnancy has gone. I feel like I've been pregnant forever, but it also feels like I saw that "PREGNANT" pop up on the pregnancy test. It has been an easy pregnancy and I have nothing to complain about (except that I can't get comfortable in bed and when I do I have to get up and pee, I'm getting some stretch marks, and oh yes I have to PEE all the time!!!).

So here is how I'm feeling about all of this baby stuff that is about to go down. I go from super excited, to anxious, to terrified, to elated, to worried, and back to excited. I don't know exactly what I'm anxious about or terrified about, but those feelings happen here and there. I don't think I'm going to hurt this little guy or anything, I just am afraid once I get him here I won't have a clue what to do despite all that I've read and learned from the other moms around me. I'm sure once it happens I'll be perfectly fine.

I am a little anxious/nervous about breast feeding. My plan is to breast feed as long as possible, but I may have an issue with that due to having flat nipples. I was reading a breast feeding book a couple of months ago and it said to do the "nipple test" to find out what kind of nipples you have. So I squeezed behind my nipple and instead of it going out farther it went flat. UH OH! I feel confident that I know enough about breast feeding and know what resources I have to be able to be successful, but I know it isn't going to be easy. I may end up having to pump exclusively - which is fine with me, I just want him to have breast milk for as long as possible. My sister in law gave me a tub of baby things and it happened to have an unopened package of nipple shields. I've been wearing the flat/inverted nipple shields for about an hour a day, and hopefully it helps out. I know if I stress about it, then it will be that much harder for me to nurse, so I am just going to go with the flow and let God and this little man lead the way.

Otherwise, I'm good to go. GET THIS BABY HERE!!! = ) My in-laws are coming in from Florida tomorrow afternoon and will be here until the following Monday morning. Luckily my mother-in-law and I get along perfectly, otherwise it would be a LONG visit! Before they arrive, I am spending the day with my friend for mani's and pedi's AND my house is getting cleaned by the cleaning lady...YESS!!!! That is my gift to myself as a pre-arrival gift for this baby and all the company that I will have in the next month and a half!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

  1. Gosh I feel you it feels like this has flown by! I'm glad you have had such an easy pregnancy and believe me I hear ya on the having to pee and being uncomfortable. I'm jealous of the cleaning lady that sounds like an awesome gift to yourself. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek...it has been so much fun reading your pregnancy updates, can't believe they will come to an end soon!! Can't wait when your posts have baby updates :). Thinking of you and wishing you and your family the best in these next few weeks...

    ReplyDelete