Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

"If we made a baby..."

I'm an optimistic person...I am rarely ever negative.

We are back to making a conscious effort to baby make. My husband has become way more healthy with the quitting of smoking (he was a pretty avid smoker), and no longer being able to drink alcohol (can't with his seizure meds), so I am thinking that this had an effect on his swim team and therefore he has better numbers (even though I have no clue about that).

I have lost 12ish pounds, on metformin, having semi-normal cycles which means my PCOS horomones are balancing out.

What I hate about baby making is the "If it works..." statements. If we made a baby three days ago then it'll be due in December. If we made a baby we can use all the IVF money for a family car. If we made a baby what do you want a boy or girl? It DRIVES ME NUTS, but I can't help it. I can't help being optimistic and believe that God has a plan for us and wants us to have a child without help. There is also a new Babies-R-Us down the street from us and I said yesterday "If we made a baby I can't wait to go to Babies-R-Us!" I'm a silly, silly girl.

Let's hope we made a baby the other day...if not, we'll have another month of having "fun"!

Hope the weekend was excellent for all of you blog friends! It was beautiful here in Atlanta!


7 comments:

  1. Love your new look! I too, understand all the
    "if it's" and "what it's." As much as it's good to dream and hope it can be annoying too! You have made some wonderful progress (great job on the weight loss!) and should be proud of yourself! You WILL make a baby one day and all those if it's will be cast to the wind! Big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a big hurdle you have just leapt over! Enjoy your "what if's", even though they drive you nuts too! Your turn will come! Wether it's a December baby or not, your baby is waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand your annoyance with the "what ifs." I have done way too many months of calculating due dates and finding out when we would be at 12 weeks and able to tell family. Is it close to a holiday, could we announce it in a fun way with all of our family present? Ugh...
    Hope all of your "what ifs" work out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't it be wonderful if it could happen naturally before having to go through IVF!!! Ahh I think we all get plagued with the "what if" virus. I was just thinking about how if these next few months none of these treatments for us, I will still not have a baby by the end of NEXT school year! The what ifs can keep you going and also drive you crazy :) Great job on the weight loss, hope your hormones continue to balance themselves out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOD LUCK!!! it's so funny-- i had no idea he was a smoker. just like no one really knew i was a smoker. i even hid it on my wedding day. so sad. but glad he is healthy now... not smoking or drinking! nice job-- that's not easy! i feel hopeful for you and hope it does happen naturally-- that would be amazing! keep us posted, girl. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the weightloss! I play the what if game a lot now especially since seeing those 2 pink lines on the OPK. Then I catch myself and try not to get my hopes up. I HOPE and PRAY that this is your month and you don't have to use IVF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the weight loss!! Your baby is waiting, I know it!

    Congrats to the hubby too. Healthy lifestyles all around!

    ReplyDelete