Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Metformin?

So I officially started my Metformin tonight. I am starting off with 750mg at dinner for 7 days then doubling after that. I am interested to see what happens and if I feel any different. If you are on Metformin can you tell me how you like it, if it has changed anything for you, and if you've had any side effects and how long they lasted.

I talked with our IVF nurse yesterday, and she said that it wasn't too necessary for hubs to go see an urologist since his numbers weren't horrible and they went up in his last SA. I may be getting ahead of myself and being over hopeful, but I kind of have a feeling that we are going to be able to do this without IVF. It could be wishful thinking, but I am thinking that we can do this. For our hubby's first SA he was smoking, drinking, not exercising, and eating not too great either. He was smoking less, still drinking, and starting to exercise for the last SA. Now he doesn't smoke, doesn't drink (his seizure meds prohibit him from doing so), and is the healthiest he has probably been since high school. I am officially out of the 150's and having a normal cycle. Things are just changing around here. In a way, I feel that God had my Adam have a seizure in order to get him healthy. Who knows, but that is what I am feeling!

It was 86 in Atlanta today and beautiful!!! We walked our fur baby Scarlett for 40 minutes after dinner tonight, and had great couple quality time. I am looking forward to our nightly walks with the dog now that the sun is staying out longer, those are the times we have the best conversations.

Happy Wednesday to you all!

5 comments:

  1. I am on 1500mg of metformin. I usually take all of mine at night just to avoid the sometimes side effects I have. I have read others who hav ea terrible awful time with it, hoping that you don't! I also take mine at night that way I don't forget to take my vitamin too. I too love that it is staying lighter longer, I've been running the dogs with the 4 wheeler back in the fields and they are whipped when I'm done. Hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that maybe you guys won't need IVF either!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started metformin and I am doubling my dosage next week. I take mine with my dinner because it can cause stomach upset. For the first two days I was exhausted and my stomach was off. Today is the fourth day & I feel great! No stomach upset or anything. I also cut out sugar & carbs ( well not completely) and that has helped as well. Oh and coffee- blech! Decaf is all I can tolerate. I was also extremely dead tired. I don't know if this was the meds or the time change but I feel much better today! I am interested in hearing how it goes! Hope it's smooth for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine says to take with dinner as well. I was EXHAUSTED today! Maybe the Metformin caused my fatigue. I haven't had an upset stomach yet, even after eating carbs and drinking coffee...we'll see how tomorrow goes. I had enough energy for my workout, though!

      Delete
    2. Oh awesome! I totally slacked on my workout this week. I'm going in the morning. So glad it's not bothering your stomach.

      Delete
  3. I'm on 1500mgs of metformin/day. I take one with breakfast, one with lunch, the one with dinner. When Ifirst started taking Metformin, I felt crappy. I was nauseous and generally felt like poo. Ramping up to the second dose wasn't awful, but the third dose was hellatious. I felt like crap for two weeks before I finally broke through the wall.

    I cut out 90% of my sugar/carb intake. I drink one diet soda per week and try to stay away from coffee as much as possible. You sound like you're on the right track with your weight and diet. Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete