Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Maternity Leave is Going Fast

I go back to work two weeks from yesterday. I can't believe it is almost over. However, I am ready to go back. Being a stay at home mom is something that I think you are made to do or not made to do, and I am not someone who could do this full time. I love being with Matthew all day. I love seeing his smiles, and changes, but I am stir crazy! Alone time is something I've always cherished - and staying at home with a baby requires very little alone time. I'm ready to get back to being me, and not just mommy.

While I've been home I've been working on freezing milk for when I go back to work. I didn't realize how much milk I actually do make. I took Matthew to daycare last week so a friend and I could enjoy some mommy-free time at the spa, so we had to pump in the car while we were out. I filled up two five ounce bottles in less than 6 minutes and still had more to pump off. Do any of you who have PCOS find that you make a ridiculous amount of milk? I had to buy 8oz bottles to pump into for when I go back to work.

Also, for those of you pumping to store milk for when you return back to work the Target brand (up and up) freezer storage bags are awesome!! 50 bags for $7.99! They freeze nice and flat, with a double zip lock. I went out and bought 3 packages of them yesterday.

Love all your posts about your little ones. It is so fun to see them all grow and hear about different adventures in mommy-hood from everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand about the stay at home mom part. It is not for me and something I have no desire to ever do. I like my job and do enjoy adult conversation and like you was going stir crazy at home. I've been freezing milk the entire time too and had about 36 3-4 oz bags. I took 12 to the sitter and I'm thinking it will last 3-4 days.

    ReplyDelete