Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Exclusively Pumping

I think I'm switching over to exclusively pumping to feed my chunky monkey. I have been using the nipple shields and they are such a pain in the butt. Matthew knocks them off, sometimes they don't stay in place, they fill up with milk and when Matt knocks them off milk goes everywhere. The biggest thing is not being able to feed him in public. I would have to take every nipple shield with me in case he knocks it on the floor. They are just a hassle. I've been trying to get him to latch without them, and there just isn't enough of me to get in his mouth. I am finding it so much more enjoyable to give him a bottle. He also seems way more content and full when he's finished with the bottle. I am not giving up the before bed feeding and middle of the night feedings though. I enjoy the bond with him before bed, and let's be honest, who wants to deal with a crying baby at 4:30 AM while they heat up a bottle? Luckily Matt is not picky about the temperature of his milk - he'll take it any way it's given. I've never given it cold, but have given it to him when it's cooler. I've been researching some pumping tips and feel up for the challenge of pumping every 2 hours. I already have a pretty good frozen supply going so I'm going to keep up with that. I'm also going to drink the mother's milk tea for any benefit that it will give me for keeping up my supply. I am still not sure if Matt has an allergy to milk. His poop was a bit more yellow this morning, but very very watery - hope it's not diarrhea! If he does have an allergy to milk then I guess my whole frozen supply is null and void! UGH! Called the pediatrician yesterday to ask about his green poop issue, but she hasn't called me back yet.

Happy pumping to me, and nursing to all of you!

1 comment:

  1. I understand the hassle of feeding in public I'm just not coordinated enough or something! Like you w are doing more bottle but letting her nurse once out twice. Hopefully there its no milk allergy and your frozen supply doesn't go to waste.

    ReplyDelete