Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Milk Protein Allergy

Well folks, I was right before, Matt has an allergy to the protein in cows milk. I am really upset about not going with my mother instincts before and kept up with eliminating milk products in my diet. I was trying to be optimistic and believe that I just had an imbalance with my foremilk and hindmilk (what I thought was causing his green poop). Unfortunately, it was the milk issue. Baby boy had diarrhea starting last Thursday and has had pretty loose stools since then. Nothing clear like before, but definitely not the seedy poop he should be having. I feel horrible about this, and hope that it doesn't take long for the milk to get out of my system and Matthew's. He also has a pretty bad diaper rash and we spent a lot of time today laying on a towel with  no diaper.

Praying my boy gets comfortable soon. I miss all his giggles when I change his diaper!

Here are some pictures of my Chunky Monkey! Growing so fast!



3 comments:

  1. Such a chunk! Love it!! I just want to pinch those cheeks. Are you still able to eat other dairy products?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww poor baby. Diaper rash is awful, we went through that about 2 weeks ago, HORRIBLE! but keeping him naked is the best thing, so enjoy those naked towel times. you're a great mama, you knew your instincts were right on. kiss that beautiful man of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, he is certainly growing just fine despite the allergy! What a cute, chubby babe! Try not to feel bad - your mother instincts were right and you are taking action to help your little guy feel better!

    ReplyDelete