Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Nursery!!!

Well I have been on the hunt for a decent furniture set for the baby's room. I wanted to buy something that can grow with the baby at a semi-affordable price. We have some money to work with since we had planned for and pretty much had all our IVF money (which all of it is pretty much going towards a down payment on a mommy-mobile). We looked at babies r us (cheaper quality, low prices), a specialty store in Atlanta (great quality, really expensive), and last night we ventured out to Rooms to go Kids. We hit the jackpot there! Great quality and great prices!!! They have a deal where you buy a dresser, chest, and night stand and get the crib for free. Yes PLEASE!!! So here is a picture of the set we'll buy, not decorated like that.

We are going to paint the nursery either the rain washed color or swan sea color (sorry it is a bit blurry). I'm thinking swan sea so it pops against the white trim a bit more. After we find out if its a boy or girl then I'll add some purples/pinks/yellows for a girl and for a boy not sure if I'll add navy and green or brown and tan. I know I won't be buying a bedding set since you can't use them in the crib anyway and I would rather spend the money else where. So that is the nursery update for now! Still cleaning out the guest bedroom so we (The Hubby) can get started on some painting in a couple of weeks. The majority of the stuff left in the room belongs to my dear husband the nostalgic pack rat. If it has to do with something related to his high school football days or something he "might" use someday it doesn't get thrown out...it is a bit frustrating. This weekend we'll hopefully get finished with that because I'd like to get my carpets cleaned before I go back to school at the end of July. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!


4 comments:

  1. What an awesome deal! I really like the colors too. I have to side with your hubby although most of my HS sports memorabilia is still at my parents although my mom keeps threatening to bring it over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting! I like the Swan Sea color a lot (and it will look great with the accent colors you mentioned for either a boy or girl!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your ideas, keep posting!! They're so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the furniture! I kind of want those dressers for myself! Those color swatches are pretty- very soothing.

    ReplyDelete