Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Headaches...Solved!

After trying tylenol, sudafed, cold compresses, dark rooms, and extra sleep I decided to book a massage to see if that would get rid of my headaches. I found a lady who does massages from her home for a whole lot cheaper than if I went to a salon or spa. So I booked her for a half hour and told her to only focus on my shoulders, neck, and head. Halfway through the massage she asked me if I'd ever had any jaw pain. Which was kind of funny because about 3 weeks ago I did have some fairly bad jaw pain. I couldn't open my mouth very wide and had trouble chewing on my right side. She said that based on what she could tell from my massage I have TMJ, which can flare up during pregnancy. She said my headaches were probably being caused from the pain of my jaw moving down into my neck. So I had a fairly painful massage on the right side of my neck and jaw as she worked out all of the kinks. My headaches are GONE, my sinuses are definitely running now, and my jaw hurts a bit, but not worse than the headaches. I'm going to see her again this coming Monday so we can hopefully keep them away and she can work on my jaw a little more. My father is a dentist and he said the only things I can do is rub out the muscle, take tylenol for pain, and use warm compresses to keep the jaw pain down. It really isn't horrible pain, so I'm not too concerned!

I did some great shopping yesterday! I went to this big baby furniture store to scope out what they had and it was like a baby wonderland. I took a bunch of pictures and brochures and wrote down prices so we can get the best deal. I'll post some pictures in a few days. I also found a kids and baby consignment store that had some gliders for sale, so I went to check it out! I found exactly what I was looking for! I wanted a dark wood glider with light colored fabric to go over. It was so cheap, too! $179 with tax! At babies r us they were like $400, which is way out of our budget when we need to buy furniture and a new car at some point. We're going to pick up the chair on Saturday since I did not have the hubby's truck with me when I was shopping yesterday. We're also going to stop at the furniture store for Adam to see what is going on there.

I'm 15 weeks today and I think I woke up with an even bigger belly. I might be brave enough to wear some maternity tops today. I've been wearing some shorts, but haven't gotten in to the tops yet. We'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. The lady who does my reflexology that I am going to every other week does full body massages and I told her I can't wait to book one with her. Matt and I got wonderful news from my Aunt when it came to baby furniture, she is going to buy our crib and dresser! Talk about a burden being lifted. We have a couple of consignment stores around and once wheat harvest is over I intend to scope them out. 15 weeks already?!?!?! Crazy how time is flying!! I have been wearing maternity pants because I have been so bloated that my jeans just look hideous on me. As for tops, I usually buy the Tall shirts at Old Navy and hopefully they will last till I actually get a belly.

    ReplyDelete