Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Back to Work

My first week back wasn't too bad. It was nice seeing everyone that I work with, and to not be a lazy bum anymore, but not seeing my little dude's smiles all day wasn't fun. At least I get a huge smile when I go and get him from daycare.

Over this week Cheeks developed a nasty diaper rash that I think was caused by his diapers. I sent a pack of huggies to daycare and with Cheeks' milk allergy his poop is VERY liquidy still. It is definitely getting better as I have been milk free for 2 weeks, but it is still getting out of both of our systems. When I would go to change his diaper out of the huggies his #2's just seemed to sit on the diaper and not get absorbed. We use pampers sensitive at home, and they are very absorbent. So we've been having lots of naked time, took pampers to day care, and I even put some breast milk on his blistery rash and it seemed to help heal it a bit. The blistery rash was not as red and inflamed as it was yesterday.

I'll have to say that the best part of my day now that I am back to work is nursing my babe. During leave I kind of felt like a slave to my child and nursing wasn't that bonding experience that I thought it would be (at times it was, like before bed), but now that I don't see him all day that time where he seems to attack my boob is the most precious. It's almost like he craved that closeness as well.

The chunky monkey is continuing to sleep a minimum of 8 hours (with the exception of last night waking up at 1:30 - growth spurt is what I'm thinking!), which is great for my sleeping now that I am back at work.

We are getting ready to head up to our outlets to get Cheeks a bathing suit, Easter outfit, and some jammies. He has completely grown out of all 3 month pajamas. While I can get him all buttoned up, his little feet are just jammed in to the bottoms. He has this pair of fleecy dinosaur jammies that have a dino on the feet and are absolutely adorable - I am SOOO going to miss seeing his little body in those PJ's! To me, there is nothing cuter than a freshly bathed baby in some adorable footed PJ's! = )

Will be posting a 3 month picture of our chubby cheeked boy tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. So glad things are settling down and going back to work is going good. Nursing is my favorite time with Reagan too. That diaper rash sounds nasty hopefully it clears up soon. I hear ya on out growing clothes, I feel like every day something new is too small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with you- I get SO sad when he outgrows some of my favorite pj's or outfits. He's absolutely perfect, I'm glad nursing is still going well now that you're back to work. Maybe even better! So fun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete