Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Mommy Breakdown

It hit me that my maternity leave is over last night. I just started bawling. I started thinking about missing Matthew's smile and giggles, and how I was going to miss them all day long.The reality that I will only have 4 or so hours with my baby a day is just depressing! I took him to daycare today so I could see how long it takes us to get ready and out the door. We were ready a half hour early today, so we got to have some play time before we left. I'm getting my hair cut at 1:00 and will be booking it to the daycare to pick him up right after. Tomorrow I'll take him, too, but I don't have much planned other than cleaning the house. I'll pick him up after lunch tomorrow so I can really spend some time with him. Thank goodness I'll only be back at work for 9 or 10 weeks and will then have 8 weeks off in the summer.

I did some organizing of my milk and counted how much I already have frozen. I have a whopping 248 ounces frozen. However, only 12 ounces of that I can use at this point. Three bags out of my sixty-two contain dairy free milk. I am definitely pumping as much as I can today to build up supply for Cheeks for the weeks to come. His poops are already looking and smelling better since I've been dairy free since Saturday. I definitely feel lucky that I produce so much milk, so replenishing this supply won't be too difficult.

3 comments:

  1. Wowza, that's a lot of milk! How awesome! I hope the transition to working again is painless. I can imagine how hard it would be to leave your little guy, but his smiles when you see him after your day will be priceless, I'm sure! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie-- I'm SO sorry. It's really hard, I'm not going to lie. I does get easier, but that doesn't help you right now, just hold your baby close and love him up. You're an amazing Mom!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard believe me but having a great daycare of sitter makes it so much easier. I do miss Reagan everyday but it makes the time I do get with her at night even more special. So I prefer to snuggle with her than clean but oh well. I hope things do go smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete