Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Due Date - 4

Well folks, I am officially 40 weeks and 4 days pregnant. This journey of pregnancy is coming to an end in the next 24 hours as I head to the hospital at 3:30 to be induced. I'm super excited, but I'm also very nervous. I like to be in control, and I know very few things will be in my control in the next hours and months to come. It is all about this little man and what he needs.

Looking back to when we started trying for a baby, and where we are now is totally crazy. It took us almost two years to get pregnant, and even then when we did get pregnant is was a true miracle. According to the fertility clinic, Baby Shu wasn't going to happen without medical intervention. We are so thankful for the answered prayers from all of our family and friends for this true blessing that is about to come in to our lives. Who knows, this might be the only Baby Shu we get to bring in to this world. God works in mysterious ways, and we couldn't be more excited for this gift he is giving us.

So today we have just finished doing some final washing of clothes, cleaning of the house, and just spending time together ALONE. With the baby arriving, and both sets of parents visiting in the next two weeks, we are really trying to enjoy our "us" time. We've gone out to dinner way more than we should, slept late (which is 6:30 for us! haha), and lounged on the couch with our coffees. I forced myself to lay in bed until 7:30 today since I know it will be the last time in awhile that I'm not needed for a diaper change or feeding. I know that the changes that are about to happen will be a challenge, but bring it on, because we can't wait to meet our little boy!! I'm not sure when I'll post next, but a picture and NAME will definitely be the next blog entry!

Merry Early Christmas y'all!!

4 comments:

  1. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!!! prayers for a safe & healthy delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Wishing you all the best! We'll be anxiously awaiting a birth announcement post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I think it is great that you made it to 40 weeks and even beyond...being a fellow teacher, I am terrified of going early! Best wishes to you as you bring that baby boy into the world! I'll say a special prayer for you tonight that everything goes smoothly! Looking forward to seeing what your little man looks like :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering about you! I hear ya on wanting to have control and I am afraid that is something I will struggle with but it will all be worth it! I hope all 3 of you have a very Merry Christmas and I CANNOT wait to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete