Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

2 Weeks Old

Our little guy has been with us for two weeks now and it has gone so fast! I feel like I just got out of the hospital! Life with Matthew has been a dream. I couldn't have asked for a better baby. He has been eating every 2.5 to 3 hours, and has even given me some 4 4.5 hour stretches at night to sleep. Breast feeding is going extraordinarily well. I have to use a nipple shield since I don't have much to latch on to. I probably could try to nurse him without them, but it's going so well I hate to frustrate the little guy and myself. He had his first pediatrician appointment and gained back the whole pound he lost at the hospital plus 4 ounces. As of last Thursday he weighs 9lbs 10oz. We've affectionately been calling him "cheeks."

He is a very noisy sleeper and often cries and squeaks in his sleep. I have to look and make sure he is awake at feeding times because of his squawks in the morning, I don't want to get him up if he isn't really awake. He absolutely HATES having his diaper changed and cries bloody murder when it happens which is, what seems like, 8 million times a day! He is the poopiest child as well. I feel like every diaper I change is a poopy one. He had/has a bout of diaper rash that we are working on getting rid of.

My in-laws were here immediately after I got home from the hospital and were a God-send. It was wonderful having people I trusted watch out for my little guy while I slept and recovered from the c-section/birth in between feedings. Now this week my mom is here and I've been able to get out of the house and be independent. I went to my doctors appoint, motherhood maternity for nursing bras, Adam and I went to Sam's Club and Arby's for lunch, and even to the outlets for a quick stop at Gap and Carter's. I am surprised that it wasn't that hard for me to leave the little guy for awhile. It's nice because I knew he was sleeping and in good hands.

I'm looking forward to having all the visitors gone and time for me and Matthew to get in to a more solid schedule and of course watch all kinds of day-time tv and movies! Yay for maternity leave! No work for me until March.

Here are some pictures to enjoy from the last weeks home with our little buddy:


Dad and his human and dog children.


Matthew's first Christmas. 


First outing to the pediatrician.


Meeting Grandma for the first time.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe your little man is 2 weeks old aready! It is awesome that breastfeeding is going so well! I hope I have the same experience in a few weeks here:) He is such a handsome little guy! Enjoy your time cuddling and getting to know your sweet "Cheeks"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 weeks already gosh I feel like it has flown. How is your pup adjusting to having Matthew around? Like you and to echo bird I hope to have the same experience with breast feeding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe how adorable he is!!! He is finally here...can you believe it?? All that waiting is over!! It seems most infants are noisy and seem to squawk a lot in their sleep which I would guess would cause a lot of anxiety in new parents. Hope everyone is settling in and your body is recovering...please post more pictures when you are able :) Thinking of you!!!

    ReplyDelete