Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

God Does Answer Prayers

I am pregnant.

It is absolutely crazy to be writing those three words. I am pregnant. I have been waiting for a year and 9 months to say them, write them, and feel them. I am only 5 weeks along, so anything can happen at this point, and I am pretty scared. However, I am also very hopeful and optimistic.

I found out a week and a half ago. I took at pregnancy test that Sunday and it had a very faint line next to the thick line, and I didn't think anything of it. I was supposed to get my period that following Tuesday. Since I had been regular for the past 3 months I kind of expected it to arrive. It didn't. I didn't worry about it either since it was rarely ever consistent. On Thursday I decided that I'd take a test and if it was negative then I knew that my  period was just MIA for the time being. The opposite happened. It was positive. A POSITIVE TEST! Holy SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was my immediate reaction. My husbands was "that isn't true, what is the % effectiveness of this test, give me the box!" We were stunned. I decided to go an exercise as normal, and I took another test when I got home from the gym. Positive AGAIN.

I called the fertility doctor right away and they had me come in for blood work right away. My results came back, and indeed I was pregnant, but my progesterone was low. I kind of expected this since my PCOS means my hormones are already jacked up. So, I am taking progesterone 2x a day. My second blood test indicated that my HCG levels were increasing at a normal rate, and my progesterone was back in the range they want to see. My third blood test came back great, too. Hopefully this means that whatever is brewing in this uterus is here to stay. We have our first ultrasound this Friday afternoon. I am excited and nervous for it, but I have been saying my prayers and praying that this is mean to be.

As for how I am feeling. Oh, I am feeling it all so far. My tummy kind of feels like I'm going to be getting my period. Which I read about in a book, and that it is because there is a lot more blood going towards my uterus to support the baby and create the placenta. I am a pimple factory as well. Breaking out everywhere!!! I am exhausted and I even fell asleep teaching the other day. And last, but not least, my ladies are SORE!!!! Ouch! I am going to have to start sleeping with a bra on. I hope all of these symptoms mean I am on the right path to becoming a mom.

Lastly, I am feeling just blessed and extremely thankful. I am thankful God has given us this miracle. I am not sure how or what made this happen, but I believe in my heart there is definitely a reason. Hopefully everything checks out on Friday and I can let out a little bit of air and relax a little bit more and start enjoying this amazing gift that God has given us.

6 comments:

  1. I am so unbelievably happy for you! No ELATED! I am so glad that it us your turn! Congratulations to you & your hubs! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I can't even contain my excitement for you, Katie!!! You so deserve your own happy news and I'm glad you're sharing it. Hehe--- I think it's funny you fell asleep while teaching. That made me LOL. :o) And your "girls" being sore... yeah I've been sleeping with a bra the entire pregnancy thus far--- they're less sore now that I'm in trimester #2, but still sore. Couldn't be happier for you-- enjoy this!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGeeee!!! Wonderful news! Congratulations and know that you are in my prayers! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!! I was so hoping that this would be your cycle!! Will be keeping you in my prayers that you have a healthy pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I don't know how I missed this post! Congratulations! My sister-in-law has a similar story...she has PCOS her hubby has some male factor infertility issues. They have 2-year-old twins from their 3rd round of IVF and were told they'd never have a baby on their own. Then, last fall they got a big SURPRISE! She is pregnant and has had a picture perfect, healthy pregnancy and is due in July:) I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete