Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Test Results: Better than Before

I was getting curious so I called up the good old fertility peeps and asked about my test results. Turns out they have been trying to get ahold of me, but had the wrong phone number. Overall, I am feeling pretty positive today. So here are our current stats.

KS:
No thyroid issues.
High liver numbers...whatever that means. I have to get some more blood taken tomorrow.
Some insuin resistance, expected since I'm a PCOS person.
High testosterone, again, expected since I'm a PCOS chick.
No glucose issues...THANK GOD. I do NOT want to have to drink that orange mess again until I'm officially pregnant.

The nurse said the only issue was the liver numbers...I'm not really suprised since I've had high liver numbers before. Not sure what that exactly means, but my liver is wacked I guess. I think this is slightly funny my liver has issues since I RARELY have a drink of alcohol. I maybe get sloshed once or twice a year, and only drink with company. I will be taking in a couple bottles of wine in a few weeks when I go visit my best friend. We drink wine, cry, laugh, eat desert...really it is quite a nice weekend away!

Okay, back to test results.

The hubs' dudes:
He had 3 million more swimmers than last time! YAHOO!!!! Except that 3 million, is still way below normal. I guess 40 million is normal....Hubs has 8...BOO to that!
Nurse said they are still looking funny. 4% is normal, hubs has 2.
Good news is she said they are swimming better!! So maybe we'll have that one super swimmer meet up with one of my **hopefully** ovulated eggs. Which who knows if that will happen. Don't think it will be this month since I didn't ovulate last month.

Then, being the curious planner person I am, asked the nurse with our numbers what is the chance of this IVF being successful within the first couple tries? Her response was that because we are so young, and I have PCOS (which means I'll produce lots of eggs - get it, poly+cystic= more eggs than a normal chick), we should have excellent success. She said their success rates with people our age and with our issues tend to be the most successful with IVF. She also informed me that with my egg situation I will most likely need lower dosage of drugs which also means less MONEY!!!! That is super exciting to me! Less money is good. So we are looking at the $2,000 to $3,500 range vs. the $3,000 to $5,000 range. **SIGH of some relief.

So there it is folks...I'll be off for some blood tomorrow along with the hubs. YIPEE!!!

Now to hit up the gym for some cardio and yoga!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT NEWS!!! Yay!! I've had to drink that nasty sugar drink twice, but it yields nothing out of the norm. So excited for you guys!! I'm trying Follistim (Gonal-F) with this last IUI. I'll let you know how it works out (hopefully for the better).

    ReplyDelete