Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

What to Pack?

Two posts in two days...I'm on a roll!!

D-Day aka delivery day is quickly approaching so that means I need to start thinking about what to pack in the hospital bag. On Monday's my husband goes to play raquetball so I have a night all to myself. I decided to be productive tonight and begin thinking about packing this hospital bag. I'm definitely not a high maintenance person and don't want to take too much, so I've been really thinking about what I will actually need. I made a list based off of a message board of women who wrote in about their top 10 items for the hospital. So here is what I've got:

1. All toiletries - face wash, toothpaste/brush, contact case, contact solution, shampoo, body wash, wash cloth, etc.
2. Nursing bra and nursing pads
3. Underwear
4. Boppy
5. Blankets for baby (since it'll be mid December!)
6. Going home outfits for baby (new born size, and 0-3 mos size...who knows if he'll be a wee one or a chunker!)
7. Sugar free candy (read that your mouth can get dry from all that breathing!)
8. Chapstick (dry lips!)
9. Book/Nook
10. Going home outfit for me - Yoga pants, long sleeved shirt, socks, shoes, etc.
11. Folder/Pen for hospital paperwork
12. Camera - hopefully we remember to take pics!
13. Cell phone and charger
14. My own pillow

I'm sure there is more, but I just don't remember. It seems like a lot, but I've laid out most of it except for clothes for me and the baby, and it really doesn't take up that much room. I feel like I've made some progress at least.

Here's to the next 6 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. I've been doing the same research. How far is the hospital where you are delivering?

    ReplyDelete