Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Doctor's Appointment

I had my 23.5 week doctor's appointment today. It was also the day of drinking the orange drink. It doesn't bother me to drink it. It definitely isn't my drink of choice, but it's not unbearable. I am pretty sure I'm going to have to go back and do a 3 hour glucose test because of my insulin resistance already. Just waiting for the call tomorrow. Weight wise I'm doing alright, I've gained about 14 pounds so far. Between last month's appointment and the appointment before that I gained way too much, but only gained 3lbs in this last month which is good news.

The doctor told me he'd like to see me walking and stretching more, but otherwise I'm in good shape! I've seen almost all of the doctors in the practice. I'll see one more and then I can choose who I want to see the rest of the time. I liked the guy I had today and liked the doctor I saw the first time I had an appointment. We'll see. I don't really mind either way. I left my old practice to go to this new one because they deliver at the hospital closest to me. I'm thinking that for my yearly exams I'll go back to my other practice. I really hated to leave because I loved my doctor so, so much!

I did a 40 minute walk with my pooch a little bit ago, and now I'm off to go read next month's book club pick. "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh I am dreading that appointment. My Dr. kept me on Metformin because he said it can help prevent GD so we shall see. As of my last appointment I have lost 12lbs since getting preggo but my Dr. isn't concerned. I have kept up with my walking when I have time and everyone says it will make things easier in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think it was *that* bad either! Definitely not something I'd want to sip on, regularly but it really wasn't that big of a deal!!! Love the print in your previous post for the nursery, and can't wait to see more pictures of the nursery. Isn't it SO fun!!! We've certainly worked hard for these moments. I peek into our nursery every day... just can't stop looking at everything. It's so crazy to have a CRIB in our house! So happy for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete